Brewing and Maintenance Guide
Brewing and Maintenance Guide:
Come learn with us the facile method to brew the perfect cup of filter coffee. This guide will ensure you with every detail required to brew and store Bhava coffee.
Indian filter coffee is a hot beverage prepared by using the Indian filter set. The decoction from the filter set, is infused with frothed milk and sugar, typically served in brass or stainless steel dabara set.
What you’ll need:
- Indian filter set
- Coffee grind
- Milk of your choice
Making coffee decoction:
- Add 9 teaspoons of coffee grind to the upper vessel of the filter set.
- Spread the coffee grind evenly using a spoon and place it over the lower vessel.
- Place the plunger gently and leave it on top (no pressure is required)
- Add 100 ml of hot water (heated at 95°C)
- Ensure that the plunger is in place.
- Close the filter using the lid and let it sit undisturbed.
- The decoction will be prepared in 8 mins on the lower vessel.
- Pour the decoction on the dabara set.
- Add the heated milk.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Stir it well.
Pro tip: To create a frothy texture and enhance the aroma, keep passing through the dabara for 3-4 times.
Bhava coffees come in airtight resealable valve bags and steel containers. Once opened, just fold the valve bag and reseal it from the sides.